Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Going South

Up at a quarter to six this morning, and amazingly Alicia didn't need much more prompting than her usual cup of coffee which gave us plenty of time to get her to the bus stop for the early school bus, and for me to turn around and join the slow flowing queue of traffic on the M1. I feel a little like Reggie Perrin continually complaining about the improbable hold ups on his journey to work, but this morning there was a four mile queue at Chesterfield due to an accident on the other side of the road, and then a rather nasty smash between a lorry and a car transporter caused a snarl up somewhere around junction 18.

I eventually got to Bourne End for just past eleven, but even so I managed to cover every issue that I needed to discuss with the programmer working on the timesheets project before lunch time. I suppose he might need some more input from me before he goes on holiday for two weeks tomorrow, but really there was no need for the mad panic to get here when we could have had a meeting in Birmingham instead.

I can get some more work done on the query tools for my copy of the database this afternoon and tomorrow, and then hopefully sneak off relatively early whilst it is still light.

No comments: