Saturday, October 30, 2004

Melancholy

It's been a strange week, all told. I feel an air of melancholy, in the sense of pensive sadness. The death of John Peel, and the subsequent tributes that I have read and listened too, have set in perspective the other travails of the week. The mist outside has persisted for the whole day, and I know that the clocks going back tonight will through my body clock out of kilter for several months until the days start to lengthen again.

I feel like I've not done much with my week off, other than potter round the house and play video games, but I think that on the whole I have needed the time to catch up on my sleep and allow myself time to read and reflect a little. I've got an idea and a framework for my NaNoWriMo contribution but I don't know if I can stretch it to 50,000 words, or indeed if I can write a convincing female character.

We shall, as I am famously wont to say, see ...

No comments: