Monday, October 18, 2004

Comfort

It's cold outside and my shoulder still hurts from the other day when Barney nearly yanked it out its socket trying to chase a particularly cheeky squirrel, so excuse me while I indulge myself slightly. I've hoovered (well, dysoned) the lounge, so it's nice and tidy, I've got my feet up with Biddy warming my legs, the small light in the corner provides just enough illumination to type by as the sun sets outside, I've got a mug of strong columbian coffee with just a dash of Whittard's chocolate syrup to sweeten it a little and I've got craggy faced Michael Palin's Himalaya taped from last night to watch. Ahhh.

There's some good stuff on the telly at the moment. The new Battlestar Galactica series looks promising, Green Wing on Channel 4 is a good, innovative comedy, and the series that has just started about the history of Venice has given me some possible ideas for my novel. The only problem is finding time to watch it all - I've still got this week's Green Wing and the Bob Geldof documentary about family law to watch, and I'm going to be out at Rapier training tomorrow night, so tonight is the night to be square eyed I think.


No comments: